China is getting more and more belligerent and aggressive with Taiwan and the South China Sea. They are making threats and posturing to do like Russia is with Ukraine.
Meanwhile, some idiot Russian politician was on state TV saying China should shoot down Pelosi’s plane.
The guy sounds a bit MTG/Boebert/Gaetz while Putin is full/evil trump, but still. Why are any US companies having anything to do with China? China wants Taiwan and seems like it is posturing to eventually attack and invade.
Makes one wonder what happens to big US businesses that have invested in China and training Chinese workers - like Intel, Apple, Tesla, and many others who want access to Chinese markets and cheap labor. If Taiwan ever comes to blows, companies will have to abandon billions of dollars worth of equipment and infrastructure. Somehow I bet the Chinese won’t mind nationalizing all the US investments.
And it feels closer as things heat up and Bejing goes more to Russia’s point of view. American companies are just feeding the bear, buying Chinese aircraft carriers, submarines, missiles, and nukes for their military, and looking the other way as technology gets stolen or espionage against the US is discovered.
These companies put the US at a disadvantage, give China businesses to hold hostage, and gives them the money they need to attack us. It’s time to leave.
Some Russia news - the Russian government has a bit of a problem with dissent it seems so now they are arresting their scientists for treason.
Taiwan makes a decent chunk of the world's microchips too, a lot of companies need that, glad I'm not an investor.
I'm sorry; I agree with you, I just think we should have left 10 years ago, but we should have quietly moved to other countries, then we could have surprised them. But remember, we already did this: When I was little, cheap stuff was made in Hong Kong, and cheap tech was made in Japan. In the past, we would go to other countries and "uplift" them enough to make our stuff... Why not do that now? There are several African nation states that could be lifted up. After a while, they are priced out of poverty wages and are properly priced up. Seeing how the African countries are being controlled, this would be a blessing. I think an African Marshall Plan would benefit everyone, and as a Black American, I would see several advantages for everyone(even the racists).
- An uplifted Africa means China is kicked out of the "Dark Continent"
- An uplifted Africa means Russia is not influencing it.
- An uplifted Africa means Blacks in America have a place to escape to if America is too much of an issue to stay in(the racists will also love it).
- An uplifted Africa means Africans with money and knowledge can move to America and bring their experience and culture to the US(don't tell the racists).
- A strategically uplifted Africa means that if the non-totalitarian nations are uplifted first, supply-and-demand will force the others to comply with the others(China/Russia plays the game of "do what you want, we don't care", and that allows dictators to do what dictators do.
I'm sorry(I'm a little drunk), but yes, It’s time to leave.