We, my cohort of 15-20 who live in a substandard building with a roof that has leaked off and on for up to 40 years.The presence of mold is a fact. The housing authority ignores the presence or dangers of this mold. I'm sharing the transcript of an interview I conducted last week with a victim of the toxic mold..
I'm trying to motivate those in power here on the reservation to do something. They wish to avoid the issue because it would require and extensive and expensive renovation to fix meanwhile we have no place to go. The government has money to do large projects but don't seem to care much for the elders. Please read the transcript and feel free to comment. If you're knowledgeable about this topic.Please share your productive insights.
Mold toxins impact and endanger our age and the disabled groups the most. Prolonged exposure will in time affect all living here.
The building is occupied by federally recognized Native Americans/indigenous elders and those with disabilities. I've contacted several entities who support situations such as ours with some interest in this situation.
Any new resources and solutions to help us are requested. The transcript is somewhat lengthy but, IMO very insightful.
Also I will post a link to a photo of water trapped in the wall. Drywall is food for mold. The toxicity exists in both live and dead mold.
JakeAl Dip Dibbler.
Short vid link:
Interview link - I'm the Interviewer:
Mold pictured at my apartment furnace vent. More is at the base of the exposed furnace which juts into the kitchen area.
Residue left from water pouring into ceiling light fixture.
Thanks in advance for relevant insights/comments.
Even your general lack of comments are useful. I'm going to have to break the transcript into a few excerpts. After I let this part sit for awhile and then revisited it, I realize it was/is too much, too big a meal to digest in one large bite. 😁