The background of his involvement:
Sentenced 1) Joshua Pruitt, District of Columbia, Proud Boys, D.C. bartender An officer recognized him from a video as being in the Capitol, as he wore the same hat and clothing. Picked up a "Quiet Please" sign & threw it across the atrium, smashing it. Pruit worked as a bartender in DC but reportedly only worked a shift and a half. Was one of 13 charged with loitering during the Jan 6 curfew. Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Bulding; Acts of Physical Violence in the Capitol Building. The defendant remains on personal recognizance. https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1351721/download
**indicted* on eight (8) counts… Pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1361266/download Plead guilty to Obstruction of an Official Proceeding. Plea Agreement: https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1510396/download Sentencing date: Aug 26, 22, then Aug 29. Judge Timothy J. Kelly presiding. Sentenced to: 55 months in prison, three years of supervised release, $2,000 restitution.
2) *** Joshua Pruitt was released after this hearing because he said he was a good boy and tried to stop any violence and has now denounced the group… Here he is making the pledge… which is all it takes to become one: https://twitter.com/mrwtr0102/status/1347789792415776768
3) Feds allege Pruitt violated curfew at least 7 times, already on probation in Maryland & Georgia.. and violated release conditions. Bond was revoked in January: “He appears unable to refrain from threatening others and is unrepentant regarding his actions on January 6."
The DOJ just filed a 404(b) notice in Proud Boy Joshua Pruitt's case notifying the defense they intend to use evidence of "other crimes, wrongs or acts" at his trial. Prosecutors have already said they have multiple reports of his threatening behavior on and offline. https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/status/1509980451124953089
4) Pruitt admitted that he nearly caught up with Sen. Chuck Schumer and his security detail when he stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. "A member of Senator Schumer's security detail saw PRUITT and one other man approaching. The security detail and Senator Schumer reversed course and ran away from the elevator, back down the ramp, and away from PRUITT.” https://t.co/bVOJS8AeQd
5) “On Dec. 18, 2020, Joshua Pruitt is on the "Cleared for Entry" encrypted chat of the Proud Boys Maryland/DC chapter.” He makes threats, displays his gun, talks about a coup AND of storming the Capitol and he also has a Proud Boys directive in his messages. https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1561083594885529600
6) Pruitt has a criminal history of assaulting police, cocaine possession and drunken driving convictions. A judge will use that to increase the sentencing.