I was just showing the officer where my hands were,,,
Sentenced1) Thomas Webster, New York, retired NYPD Police officer… former marine… who was once assigned protective duty for NY City Hall. "You fucking piece of shit. You fucking Commie motherfuckers, man . . . Come on, take your shit off. Take your shit off.” Then he knocked down the barricade and attacked the fallen officer… pressing his fingers deeply into the officer’s eye sockets…
The flag pole flag had marine Logos and is one he used to fight and hit cops with… Webster was shown on a video saying: "Send more patriots. We need some help." More violence charges added: Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon; Civil Disorder; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly Conduct Within the Capitol Grounds or Buildings; Act of Physical Violence Within the Capitol Grounds or Buildings. The defendant remains committed. “ https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1369976/download
Jury will deliberate and be back on May 2. Guilty on all six counts. Former NYPD officer Thomas Webster faces sentencing Sept. 1; DC jurors have convicted every Jan 6 defendant to face jury trials so far on all counts. Judge Mehta presiding. Sentence Sept 1, 2022. (This afternoon, when I am out dammit) DOJ is asking for 17 years, but he will likely get a lot less... Sentenced to: 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release, $2,060 in restitution. Thomas Webster broke down crying in court when his sentence was revealed. Webster is appealing his sentence.
6) His attorney says Webster had no social sites, never attended a political rally and "possesses no strong political beliefs." (WTAF, of course he does. He adores his MAGA master…) He called the Capitol police Communists… and was at a political event turned insurrection. How did he find out about it then? Who are his political buddies and were they there as well? Who radicalized him? Commenters in the thread were astute… “So if we take political passion out of it, are they saying he just went there to beat up cops?” and “He never attended a Political event - until he did. He believes in the “rule of law” - until he broke it. The Prisons are full of people who never robbed a liquor store, murdered, raped, or assaulted anyone - until they did.' #InsurrectionHasConsequenceshttps://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1405722743392309257
8) Webster doesn’t Deny He Swung A Flagpole At Police On Jan. 6. He’s Claiming It Was Self Defense! What the video shows is Rathbun's left hand making open-palm contact w/ Webster's face. It also shows Webster shoving a barricade into police, tackling and tearing at Rathbun’s face. Rathbun testified about struggling to push Webster off him. Said Webster ripped his mask off his face, causing him to be exposed to the chemical irritants in the air. Also choked him with the chin strap on his helmet.https://t.co/v0FP9P4Hle
9) Webster says the reason it looks like he is gouging the officer’s eyes after he tackled and choked him was so that the cop would know he was not trying to hurt him… He was showing him his hands… to show he wasn't trying to hurt him. WTAF… Webster described the flag pole he struck officers with as "super light." ‘He also said he basically just gave it up when Rathbun tried to take it from him. Once Rathbun had the pole, though, it became dangerous: "I was concerned about what he was going to do with that pole." One can only imagine that this guy lied in court constantly to get people convicted when he was a NYPD cop. https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/status/1519786517245444103
10) "I just said something silly just to get on camera." He claims he wanted his 15 mins of fame when he asked for more patriots to come to the Capitol on Camera… "Send more patriots. Please help.”https://twitter.com/i/status/1519451967055147009
11) At the end of the govt's cross, AUSA asked Webster to confirm that his testimony was that his hands were on an MPD officer's face in this pic to show he wasn't going to hurt him. Webster: "Yes" He was shown the picture where it looks as though he is trying to gouge out the officer’s eyes… The fucking lawyer for Webster says that the Capitol cop was a liar and a bad cop and his client is a good cop… WTAF. "Mr. Webster was, at best, reluctantly there," said lawyer Munroe. https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1520043311649673218
13) As he faces a sentence of more than a dozen years, Webster NOW tries to make the case that he has PTSD, yet strangely blamed the cop he victimized while in court on trial … ‘Webster told a psychologist that he could make a connection between his violent actions at the Capitol to a past fight with an armed robber in the Bronx who was trying to get his gun. Webster told the psychologist he attacked a Capitol Police officer with a metal flagpole because “at that moment, I had flashbacks of the struggle we had on the staircase.” https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/ex-nypd-cop-attacked-dc-officer-cites-ptsd-seeks-avoid-longest-jan-6-s-rcna45368
Webster broke the flag's staff on the barriers...then he attacked the police officer and dragged him.